Surgical services in Englewood, Florida
The surgeons at Englewood Community Hospital are highly trained specialists with years of extensive surgical experience. We offer various surgical procedures on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Our priority is patient care, which is accomplished through preoperative education with your physician and postoperative recovery care in our post anesthesia care unit (PACU).
To learn more about the surgical care at our hospital, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (941) 473-3919.
Surgical treatment options
Our hospital employs surgeons in a wide range of specialty areas, so you can receive the surgical care you need close to home. We perform the following surgeries:
- Cardiac and Vascular Surgeries and Procedures
- Carotid endarterectomy for carotid artery disease
- Lower and upper extremity bypass surgery for peripheral artery disease
- Vascular access for hemodialysis
- General surgery
- Bowel resection and other colorectal surgeries
- Gallbladder removal
- Gastrointestinal procedures
- Hernia repair
- Gynecology surgery
- Endometrial ablation
- Removal of the uterus (hysterectomy)
- Treatment of pelvic health conditions, such as pelvic organ prolapse
- Orthopedic and spine surgery
- Partial knee replacement (unicompartmental)
- Podiatry (foot) surgery
- Rotator cuff repair
- Total joint replacement (knee, hip and shoulder)
- Urology surgery
- Kidney stone removal
- Prostate removal (partial and total)
- Treatment for bladder conditions, such as urinary incontinence
Our surgical team has access to a full range of surgical technology, including endoscopy, laser surgery, laparoscopy and robotic surgery.
The surgical suites at our hospital are equipped with a robot-assisted surgical system, offering patients access to the least invasive surgical options available. Robotic surgery is a less invasive technique compared to traditional, open surgery, which is accomplished by using small incisions. Benefits of robotic surgery include:
- A shorter inpatient hospital stay
- Faster recovery time
- Less blood loss
- Less need for narcotic pain medicine
- Lower rate of postoperative complications
- Minimal scarring
Our surgical facilities
Special care is taken to make sure each patient receives the comfort and attention they need before and after surgery. Our hospital includes a preoperative holding area where patients are prepared for their procedure and visited by their surgeon and anesthesiologist for any final questions. The operating suites are equipped with the latest surgical technology, including a robot-assisted surgical system.
Following surgery, patients will be moved to the post anesthesia care unit (PACU) for monitoring as the effects of anesthesia wear off. Patients remain in the PACU for their initial recovery time.
Transportation, lodging and convenience (TLC) program
We know that it can be stressful to coordinate all of the early morning details on the day of your surgery. To ease your mind, we have created our TLC program to provide concierge services, including transportation to and from the hospital, access to your patient room the night before surgery and dinner the evening before surgery. This program is offered at a fixed fee, to learn more please call (941) 525-6775.