Respiratory therapists in Englewood, Florida
At Englewood Community Hospital, the goal of our specialists is to help you breathe easier. Our respiratory therapists work side-by-side with your doctor to help restore pulmonary function and ease airway and breathing problems.
To learn more about the respiratory services offered at our hospital, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (941) 473-3919.
Lung and respiratory services
Our licensed and credentialed respiratory therapists evaluate, treat and care for all types of patients. We provide relief to patients that experience chronic conditions, like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and emphysema, as well as emergency care for patients experiencing a heart attack, cerebrovascular accident (stroke), drowning or shock.
Our respiratory therapists provide diagnostic and therapeutic services, including:
- Arterial blood gas testing—This test analyzes blood drawn from an artery by measuring the levels of gases in the blood, such as oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- Home oxygen testing—This test analyzes pulse oximetry and exercise for six minutes to quality patient for home oxygen use.
- Nebulizer treatment—This medical device allows for fast administration of medication to the lungs for patients with respiratory conditions, such as asthma. A nebulizer converts liquid medication into a mist that can be easily inhaled.
- Pulmonary function testing (PFT)—A PFT measures how well the lungs are working by measuring lung volume and capacity, exchange of gases and flow rates.
- Spirometry testing—A spirometry test measures how well your lungs are working by measuring how well and how much air you inhale and exhale.
- Sputum inductions—A sputum induction is a test that analyzes the substance that is coughed up when a lung or airway infection is present. It is a diagnostic test to identify what is causing the illness.
Smoking cessation program
Quitting smoking is a big undertaking, and we are here to provide the education and support you need to be successful. We have partnered with the Gulf Coast South Area Health Education Center (GCSHEC) and Florida Department of Health’s Tobacco Free Florida to provide the resources you need to stop using tobacco.
Learn more by attending a tobacco cessation seminar.
COPD and congestive heart failure support group
We know that living with conditions such as COPD and heart failure comes with unique challenges. We provide a common, safe place for patients and their families to come together to discuss their experiences.
Register to attend the COPD and congestive heart failure support group.