Imaging center in Englewood, Florida
At Englewood Community Hospital, our physicians and radiologists know the importance of providing expert imaging services. Imaging results are crucial to many diagnoses and are the foundation for an individualized treatment plan. The radiology department at our hospital performs more than 45,000 imaging exams every year, demonstrating our ability to provide clear, fast imaging results with optimal patient satisfaction.
To schedule an imaging appointment at Englewood Community Hospital, please call our scheduling department at (866) 463-7072.
Diagnostic imaging services
Our hospital is equipped with the technology needed to perform a wide range of imaging procedures, including:
- Bone density testing—This test measures bone density and identifies patients with low bone density who may be at risk for fractures due to conditions such as osteoporosis.
- Computed tomography (CT) scan—A CT scan uses multiple X-ray images that are combined using computer technology to produce a single, cross-sectional image.
- Fluoroscopy—A fluoroscopy displays a continuous X-ray that appears on a computer monitor; it is often described as a X-ray movie.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)—A MRI uses a strong magnetic field to create images of organs and structures in the body.
- Nuclear medicine—A nuclear medicine study implements a radiotracer, which is ingested by a patient or administered intravenously, to highlight certain internal structures and processes that are picked up by imaging technology.
- Ultrasound—An ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves that bounce back from structures in the body to create images of the body.
- X-ray—An X-ray uses radiation to produce images of structures in the body by demonstrating differing shades of black and white.
Breast health services
A vital component of women's care is breast cancer screening. This is accomplished through an array of imaging techniques. At our hospital, women can receive their breast imaging services, including mammograms, breast ultrasound and breast biopsy.
Advanced heart imaging
The heart muscle is complex and requires specialized imaging tools to create clear images. The cardiology services at our hospital include multiple types of advanced heart imaging, including:
- Electroencephalograms (ECGs or EKGs)
- Transesophageal echocardiograms
We also have an on-site cardiac catheterization laboratory where we perform diagnostic testing, such as:
- Cardiac angiography and intervention
- Peripheral angiography and intervention