We Care. Always.
- Be Polite and courteous
- Offer help whenever possible
- Appreciate the diversity of those we work with and serve
- Exhibit a positive attitude at all times by managing stress in a private area
- Recognize the contributions of others in your work environment Treat one another as professionals because everyone is doing meaningful work
- Hear the issue, concern or complaint
- Empathize & evaluate
- Apologize for not meeting customers expectations
- Resolve with urgency / No operational excuses for not meeting customers needs
- Thank them
- Superior service is the first and last thing a customer will remember
- Always thank customers for choosing our hospital
- Use customers name when possible, introduce yourself when entering a patient's room and explain why you are there.
- When asked for directions or giving directions, escort your customers whenever possible and announce their presence to an employee at that location
- No Passing Zone – Acknowledge all call lights
- Before leaving always ask “Is there anything I can do for you?”
- Update family members for any delays and as appropriate.
- Follow the dress code policy and where your identification badge so it is visible at all times.
- Treat each other as they would like to be treated – “Platinum Rule”
- Take ownership, be proactive, and provide solutions to problems following the chain of command
- Take pride in the organization as if you own it
- Take responsibility to maintain a safe work environment (ensure that spills are cleaned up and ensure that trash is disposed of properly)
- Hold each other accountable for the success of the team
- Provide prompt, customized service that exceeds expectations
- Treat each patient as if they were the only patient
- Establish trust with your customers by following through with what you say you will do
- Avoid using technical and professional jargon. Use easily understood language and terminology when giving customers information